Party Wall Surveyors

Welcome To Phillips & Locke

Specialist Party Wall Surveyors

01923 693 724

306B Wenta Business Centre
Colne Way, Watford
Hertfordshire, WD24 7ND

We are Specialist Party Wall Surveyors with experience in assisting commercial and residential property owners, builders and architects across London and surrounding areas. We cover the preparation of party wall awards, including party structure notices, for private residential property, offices and shops. We act for Building Owners, Adjoining Owners and quite often, both!

If you are planning a basement conversion, loft room extension, building an infill or rear extension, removing walls or chimney breasts or you live next door to someone who is, then we can act for you. We provide clear, practical help at a low cost.

We Specialise Exclusively in Party Wall Matters

Our expertise can guide you through the process, smoothing your journey and bringing peace of mind

The Party Wall etc Act 1996

If you are considering carrying out building works to your house and it is close to a neighbouring property, then the Party Wall etc Act 1996 may well influence your plans. The Act applies to you if you are carrying out any work that might affect the wall between you and your neighbour. There is a lot of very complex information available about the Act. We try to keep things concise and practical for you.

The Act requires that you send a party wall notice to inform the adjoining property owner, well in advance of the works taking place.
The neighbour has to respond and in due course the two owners then appoint a surveyor to act for them. This can be the same surveyor, as the surveyor appointed has to be impartial under the Act, effectively working for the best interests of the wall. Ideally, neither owners’ surveyor should be involved with the building project. Only a very few solicitors are specialists in this area of law, so it is almost always the case that it is Surveyors that are appointed.

After inspecting the properties and reviewing the works, a Party Wall Award is then prepared, detailing the works, any precautions that must be taken and any other issues relating to the work.

For more information see: The Party Wall etc Act 1996 Guidance

Call Us: 01923 693 724

Are You A Home Owner Planning Work On Your Property

If you’re considering carrying out building works in your home and it is close to a neighbouring property , then the Party Wall Act 1996 may affect your plans.

surveyors at work

Contact us for a free quote

Are You An Adjoining Owner

Your property may be affected by works that are happening on your neighbour’s property.

woman on settee

Contact us for free advice

Call for impartial advice or to Request a Quote:

01923 693 724